Easy Simple Guacamole

 


I like my guacamole pretty plain. Usually just avocados, some lime juice, very finely minced garlic and a dash of salt and pepper. But if there's red onions and cilantro in the fridge, I'll chop some in to make it "fancier".

PS. I used to pit my avocados by cutting in half and striking the pit with my knife, always afraid that a slip could land me in the ER. Cutting the avocado into 1/4 avocado segments and then removing the quarters and pit with your fingers, as shown on this website, is the best way I found to pit an avocado without buying any fancy avocado-specific kitchen gadget.

Yields 6 servings

Ingredients:

  • 3 avocados
  • 3 T finely chopped red onions (optional)
  • 1 T finely chopped cilantro (optional)
  • juice of 1 lime (about 2 T)
  • 1/2 of a clove of garlic minced to a fine paste
  • ½ t salt
  • ¼ t pepper

Procedures:

  1.  Remove pit and peel from avocados and place into a bowl. Add remainder of ingredients. Gently mix and mash the avocados leaving large chunks. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
  2. Serve with chips, crackers, toast, enchiladas, tacos, or whatever you like.