Za'atar Chicken

 

I made freezer meals with these


Do you guys like perusing the Trader Joe's spice aisle to see what new concoction they have? I do! Most of their seasoning bottles are $1.99, so you're not breaking the bank trying new spices even if it turns out it's not your cup of tea. (Plus it comes in a nice glass jar which I like to repurpose if I end up with excess Costco spices that I need to share with friends and family.)

I discovered this Za'atar Seasoning blend there last year and it's pretty good. I've made this chicken for my in-laws several times now, and it's so simple, tasty and a little bit exotic. Wonderful over some saffron basmati rice. Give it a try if you have a trader joes near you. If you don't want to use mayonnaise, you can substitute with plain Greek yogurt.

5-6 servings

Ingredients:

  • 8 chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
  • 2 T Za’atar Seasonings blend from Trader Joes
  • 1 t garlic powder
  • 1 t turmeric
  • 2 t salt
  • 2 T Mayonnaise

Procedures:

1. Mix spices in bowl with mayonnaise (can substitute the mayonnaise with plain Greek yogurt).

2. Add the spice paste to the chicken thighs and mix to coat. Marinate in the fridge overnight.

3. The next day, place the chicken thighs in an oven safe tray and bake at 375 F for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and skin is slightly browned.

4. Serve with saffron basmati rice