Cauliflower Mash

 



I make this a lot in lieu of mashed potatoes. You can taste it is not potatoes, but it totally looks like mashed potatoes; and it's creamy, buttery texture is the perfect companion to roast meats. Plus it's the perfect way to get more vegetables in your diet.

It's not for everyone, though. My side of the family loves this and gobbles it up. Even my "adverse to veggies" hubby likes it. But I recently made this for my in-laws as a side dish to go with my BBQ ribs and my No-Mayo Coleslaw, and they didn't really care for it. The only one that liked it was my one sister-in-law who loves veggies. Shucks.

Anyways, if you are looking for a low-carb mashed potato alternative, give this recipe a try. It's really easy, and you can make it ahead of time, and then reheat in the microwave just before serving, to make your hour before serving dinner guests a little less hectic. I adapted this recipe from delish.com's "Mashed Cauliflower" recipe.




Yields 6-8 servings

Ingredient:

  • 3 lbs cauliflower florets (fresh or frozen)
  • 8 oz chives and onions flavored cream cheese
  • ½ t salt

Procedures:

  1. Place cauliflower florets in a large pot. Cover with water and boil until tender. About 10 min.
  2. Drain cauliflower florets well and place in a food processor with cream cheese and salt. Pulse several times, scraping the side of the food processor occasionally to ensure all the ingredients are well blended and the cauliflower is smooth.
  3. Transfer to a dish, and serve warm.